[Healeys] Starter electrical issues

Roland Wilhelmy sentenac.rw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 13:27:58 MDT 2022

The battery switch is on the light duty side but it must carry the full
starting current. I can imagine that the terminals inside the switch get
hot and warp just a bit disconnecting the battery. Then if given a chance
to cool the terminals return to make connection once more.

Side note: Roger Moment recommends limiting the length of time running the
starter when firing up a newly rebuilt engine and getting oil pressure,
etc. Give the poor switch time to recover.

-Roland