[Healeys] Starter electrical issues

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Apr 5 12:52:24 MDT 2022

The starter balking is understandable--at least, intuitively--but all
the other electricals ceasing to work isn't (assuming the battery is
still connected). After all, this isn't a modern car with a PCM, ECU,
etc; we're just talking copper wire here. My folks' Lincoln would die
when one of the CoPs would put a voltage spike on its primary lead,
which would knock the PCM out cold. No such silliness in a Healey.

Just to be contrarian, maybe the starter is causing a dead short, somehow?