[Healeys] 100 Windshield Bolt

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 21:44:54 MDT 2021

Wait, wait, wait ... the shouldered bolt is right hand thread on both sides
however early cars were BSF thread and later cars UNF thread.
The little screw that goes into the end of the bolt to prevent the knurled
knob from being unscrewed before removing said little screw was left hand
thread.
Actually a great idea but engineeringly poor because a decent crank on the
knurled knob could fairly easily shear off the little screw.
I believe most of the repro screws use a right hand thread for the little
screw with a touch of Loctite.
Actually turned up a pair yesterday from stainless steel.