[Healeys] BJ 8 Carb Needles

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Sep 17 09:29:07 MDT 2021

Always the contrarian, and FWIW I've run Grose Jets in my BJ8 with no
fuel filter for well over 100K miles with no issues. OTOH, I got a newer
set for my BN2 and didn't like the way they operated (the little ball on
top would get stuck). Rumor has it the company was bought out and
quality suffered (shocking, I know--looking at you, County).

I'm not a big believer in fuel filters for Healeys; I figure anything
that gets by the little brass 'thimbles' in the carbs will settle in the
float bowls or pass through; better to invest in a clean tank and new
lines if necessary. I cut my Ranger's fuel filter open at over 100K
miles, and all I found was some tiny black flakes, which I figured came
from the plastic tank (filters are absolutely necessary in FI engines).

Bob