[Healeys] BJ 8 Carb Needles

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 20:06:27 MDT 2021

Hi Price -

Yeah there are two balls in there, a big one and a small one.  They don't
move much. Grose jets are very good provided you have decent fuel filter
keeping dirt out of the carbs... otherwise they are useless.  Also Grose
jets don't do all that well if the car sits for long periods.  I actually
found the old style jets are a bit less finicky, but you do need to tap the
carbs with a plastic mallot from time to time to keep them from overflowing.

Best,

Alan