[Healeys] Clutch

Mark Donaldson ardmorebusiness at xtra.co.nz
Thu Sep 2 16:22:58 MDT 2021

Tom,

In cases like this I have used the old engineers’ trick to ‘hydraulic’ the pilot bearing out.

Fill the cavity behind the bearing with oil, insert a ¾” OD drift into the bearing, give it a solid belt with a hammer, and it SHOULD pop out.

This procedure has never failed me.  I say SHOULD, as it may not have worked for you.

And don’t wear a good shirt whilst doing this.  😊

Mark

Ardmore, NZ