[Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Oct 16 18:52:23 MDT 2021

I finally got around to fixing my loose water pump pulley and installing
a new fan belt. I ordered a 'cogged' belt from Moss--part#
021-966--thinking it might work better than the original slab of rubber.
I noticed before installing that it was narrower than the original type
that I'd had, which had rotted, but it looked like it would work. Once I
started tensioning it however, it was clear it /might /work, but sat too
low in the pulleys, and was essentially riding on the bottom of the
pulley grooves instead of on the sides (and the angle of the sides of
the belt was incorrect). Anyone else tried one of these?

I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA', that a vendor would sell something that
could possibly work, but isn't truly correct.

bs