[Healeys] Grose-Jets

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Oct 7 08:17:45 MDT 2021

I've had them in my BJ8 for a couple decades with no issues; I tried
them in my BN2 a decade or so ago, and had problems* (the little 'top'
ball would stick in its seat occasionally). FWIW, I heard on the
'grapevine' that the company had changed hands and, as often happens,
quality suffered as the bottom line took precedence (story of our
existence these days).

* We had fuel delivery issues, but my dad traced it to a pinhole leak on
the pickup tube in the tank, but before that I had been checking
pumps--the 'usual suspect'--float levels, etc. a lot when I noticed the
sticking on the bench. Dad surmised the flux used to solder the tube had
eaten the metal (this was a used, OEM tank that was otherwise in good
shape).

Bob