[Healeys] 100 door vinyl original glue technique

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Oct 1 09:18:18 MDT 2021

Not concours, but when I did my BN2's doors I lined them with a thin
insulator, basically thin 'bubble wrap' with foil on either side. IIRC,
I did this because I didn't want just vinyl against metal, but was
pleasantly surprised when it caused the doors to make a satisfying
'thunk' on closing; the best-sounding doors I've ever heard (at least on
a Healey). I tried to make a video with sound, but the recording didn't
do them justice.