[Healeys] Ash Tray

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Mon Nov 15 12:15:45 MST 2021

The ash tray opening for replacement materials is arbitrary, but all
Healeys starting with the early 100s (1953 with 2pc. tunnel) (BJ
carpet not open) had the opening there-mostly for pipe smokers to
chill their ash. (That's ash!)
Pre-production Healeys used that spot for the overdrive switch, as
seen on this prototype interior. Now-a-days its mostly a coin holder
thanks to current smoking laws. Hank

Healeys"