[Healeys] vapor lock gas

healeymanjim healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Tue May 11 22:11:55 MDT 2021

i live whene in the summer people go to hell to cool off and i just do not seem to have vapor lock problems on my bj8.  i did
have some on the bn6.  i burn sam's club premium gas and do not have any special devices to alleviate the problem.  i am
careful when it has sat for about ten minutes or so after driving somewhere to make sure fresh gas has been pumped up
from the tank before i do any heavy accelerating.  there are times when it is about 115F outside and i pull in the garage and
shut down i can hear the ethanol(i assume it is) bubbling in the float bowls.  took off the top of bowl onetime and saw the
bubbles coming up.  my daughter's 66 Mustang 289 with four barrel does have vapor lock problems in the summer making
it hard to start after heating up.