[Healeys] Spokes and Truing Wheels

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Sun May 2 19:21:42 MDT 2021

Harold- I made up this table with an axle hub mounted vertically and a
fixed post each side using two coffee stir sticks as markers or
guides. After lacing the wheel, rotate to first get rid of up/down
wobble and then tighten to keep wheel round-equally from each post.
(photos)
You are correct the spokes and nibs are 10-32, but the thread angle is
Whitworth (55 degrees-I believe) Use a British tap to clean up
threads. Don't use SAE.
Its a tedious task but I did all 5 wheels for my 100, and they run
perfect. Check a bicycle/motorcycle shop for procedure. Have fun, Hank

Healeys"