[Healeys] Ebay - Bizarre

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Mar 9 20:30:06 MST 2021

I had something similar happen near the beginning of the pandemic. I
ordered what was supposed to be a 3M respirator--for chemical
application, not for the virus--from an outfit that appeared to be in
mainland China (a lot of these showed up on eBay about then, all trying
to undercut each other by a couple cents). Anyway, the respirator never
came, and from the start the seller had implored me to 'contact him, not
eBay.' Every time I did, they gave a different tracking number, which
appeared to originate at various places in N. America (I don't know if
the numbers were hacked from the USPS, or were just random). A couple
cycles of this and I contacted eBay to report a fraud; they refunded my
money within a few days. Maybe your seller had 'connections?'

Bob