[Healeys] 6 cylinder conrod nuts

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 14:40:40 MDT 2021

I agree with Michael 100% on *aircraft *"Nyloc" fasteners.  However, cars
are not aircraft, and the aircraft standards are ultra conservative.

But, if I read the period BMC bulletin from the 1950s correctly, Nyloc
fasteners could be reused on British cars. How many times they could be
reused is not stated, and of course the folks who wrote this NEVER
anticipated that these cars would be restored 65 years later, and using
these original fasteners!

IF you want to replate your original "Nyloc" fasteners, then DON'T have
them commercially plated, as it messes up the nylon.  Do them at home with
a "Caswell" or other quality home plating kit. I replated mine for items
like the boot hinge fasteners, and prop rod where they are not a
safely issue.

Cheers,

Curt