[Healeys] Fresh air valve

Perry Small healeyguy at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 12:01:16 MDT 2021

Another example of how our old cars were designed and built. Best info I have is that the fresh are valve was an off the shelf part that was used on other cars. The part used on later AH’s has two accessible screws that hold the flapper to the shaft.
On the early ones you can file a flat spot on the top of the rivet and drill through the outer tube in line with the rivet head and drill through. Change the rubber bits. Use a small hex head sheet metal screw to reattach the flapper to the shaft.  Doesn’t take very long.....