[Healeys] HD8 Su's

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 23:47:13 MDT 2021

Roger -

you don't need that much oil in the HD8 pistons for this to work
correctly.  HD8s throw all excess oil out the vent... so if you are
overfilling it will all go out anyway.

The main thing to check is to take the dampers out and slide them back in
with the shaft straight up, and if you feel resistance toward the
bottom.... you don't need to refill.  I suspect you are overthinking it.  I
used to think HD8s use too much oil until I realised they don't need all
that much to work correctly.

Cheers,

Alan