[Healeys] Electric Issue

R. Lindsay 050.rpl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 14:02:56 MDT 2021

I have been working on electrical issues on my BJ8. Today’s issue seems to be the panel lights.  I am reinstalling a volt meter.  It is installed and doesn’t work.  I have switched the lines - no change.

Before I reinstalled the volt meter as well as after, when I turn on the main lights and panel lights, the tach stops working. When the lights are off, the tach runs fine when the panel lights are on.  I have tried changing the connections to the back of the speedo (because the speedo connections were undone), but no change.  I did not touch the tach. The dip switch blue light works fine but its been daylight when I’ve been working on the car, so difficult to test the other lights.

Any thoughts/suggestions to fix this?

Price Lindsay

Sent from my iPad