[Healeys] air ducting kit

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Sun Jun 6 11:34:10 MDT 2021

The  modern starter certainly does turn faster, however the engine usually does not noticeably although it will sound like it does.

*	Leaving out the maths & ratios etc, it seems plain to me that, if the starter turns faster, then so must the engine….?.

It may turn over the engine faster then the old tired starter did but that is not a good comparison. You have to compare to as new starters!!!!

*	That makes sense. My original worked well. I put in new brushes etcetc as a precaution before a long trip, it being only about 3 years out of the box. Anyhow, fast as it was, it was very much slower than its WOSP replacement.
*	I’d say that one of the disadvantages is that starting my BT7 now sounds like starting a Toyota bread van. (Not that you have to listen for long.)
*	Apart from that, it’s worked faultlessly for the last – I forget precisely – 4 years.
*	Isn’t there some lore that BJ8s’ big SUs benefit from a faster starter? More fuel being sucked in to faster moving pistons……

Simon