[Healeys] Overdrive query

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 28 16:47:10 MDT 2021

Simon,

The handwritten dimension on page 4, illustration 6.9 is 0.125" ->
0.219".  It's 0.125" plus 3/32" as mention in the text.

I don't have a loose piston.  For the washers to install in the piston,
the inside diameter ought to be smaller than the spring and the outside
diameter a bit smaller than the piston's inside diameter.  Might have to
chamfer the OD to match the piston.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar