[Healeys] Brake Fluid -- Silicone vs. glycol

s.hutchings at rogers.com s.hutchings at rogers.com
Wed Jul 28 10:18:00 MDT 2021

I’ve used DOT 5 silicone fluid for many years, and no problems.
My only reservation with it is - if something goes wrong with your servo, the fluid will be sucked through the manifold into the engine, and you don’t want that!
I’ve changed the size of my master cylinder and bypassed the servo so that I can continue to use DOT 5. Again, no problems, but I do tend to do some work on the brakes often enough to change the fluid within the required period.

Stephen, BJ8

Sent from my iPad