[Healeys] No spark

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Jul 17 11:47:38 MDT 2021

"Is it possible I blew the condenser when I tried to start it
the first time?"

Certainly possible; I blew a condenser on a tractor when I installed a
battery for pos. gnd. when it's a neg. gnd. tractor. I think condensers
are electrolytic capacitors, which are polarity sensitive (reverse
polarity blows holes in the insulator between the terminals).

I don't know if the 4-cyls use the same distributor rotor, but there has
been some bum 6-cyl rotors making the rounds.