[Healeys] Louvered bonnet

Reinhart Rosner reinhart.rosner at aon.at
Thu Jan 28 11:50:00 MST 2021

Perry,
One of the past owners of my BN1 installed a louvered bonnet. Some years ago
I had problems with overheating and maybe the louvres did help a little. But
when the engine got too hot, it was too hot. Only a longer brake or constant
driving at higher speed could reduce the temperature.

On the other hand I never had any problems with the rain and especially
while driving in classic car rallies I often had no other possibility than
driving in the pouring rain. Sometimes I even did not have time enough to
close the hood - but getting myself wet is another thing.

The only point about the louvres I do not really like is washing and
polishing the bonnet. A flat surface of the standard bonnet would make it a
lot easier. Anyway I love the look.

Reinhart