[Healeys] Rear Wheel Cylinder Retainers

healeyguy at aol.com healeyguy at aol.com
Mon Jan 18 11:28:33 MST 2021

Bob etalMechanically it would make sense that the curve (bulge) part of the spring plate is against the greased backing plate to minimize the contact area thereby being a best case for sliding movement.  The locking plate, being flat, minimizes the tilt  or rocking of the wheel cylinder. Granted when everything is in place the bulge is minimal as is the movement of the assembly. I guess compared to the BN1 set up, this is a modern marvel!