[Healeys] BN2 Caster Angle

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Jan 6 09:13:52 MST 2021

That's odd; the bearings should be immersed in grease (although I've
wondered how well greasing the top trunnion works, as a lot gets
squished out).

I installed the Torrington bearings on my BJ8 years ago; I thought
steering effort was reduced a bit (but I think part of it was
confirmation bias). Agree that it would make more sense to install them
on the bottom, load-bearing, trunnion.

Bob

ps. Still wondering how adjusting camber, for instance--zero camber is
recommended (newer cars have slightly neg. camber)--for the radial tires
most of us run is a hazard (assuming it's done properly).