[Healeys] Seat Runners

Roger Grace roggrace at telus.net
Mon Jan 4 10:44:36 MST 2021

I am doing the same job at the moment.
On my car of the 8 rails with those stud/bolts every rail has at least one
stripped - above and below - most have 2.
Why are they prone to this thread stripping ?
Poor quality ? or just over-tightening over the years ?
I initially replaced all the upstairs nuts with gr 8 plus extra washers -
probably made things worse !
Just wondering ...
rg

Virus-free.