[Healeys] 6 cyl engine detail

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 14:32:31 MST 2021

Well John, what you say is largely correct. The seven 5/16" bolts do indeed
thread into the block, sort of ... the five 1/4" ones only thread into the
engine front plate.
But ... here's the thing ... 2 of the 5/16" bolts actually thread into the
front main bearing cap, not the block itself.
Unfortunately the 2 bolts with the odd washers were fitted on the left side
of the engine above and below the level of the timing pointer .... there
goes that theory.