[Healeys] wheel

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Sun Jan 3 12:36:09 MST 2021

A very critical point here is the proper placement of the short upper
stator tube into the lower, long tube. There is an indent (slot) in
the lower tube and the bumps on the upper stator must insert into that
indent. Carefully push the upper into the lower lining up these two
locations. If you previously loosened the olive, you must now rotate
the trafficator to be vertical at the lever, lock the olive and then
affix the two (early cars) or three (all later cars) grub screws to
have the unit work correctly as one.
If you force the upper stator into the lower stator you then distort
the tube and as you say get a "sloppy trafficator".

New Year greetings to all-Hank