[Healeys] Seat Runners

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Sat Jan 2 12:46:22 MST 2021

First of all, thank you for the responses. All very helpful. Now I know
exactly where I should be. Should be!

However, some ham-fisted cretin has been in there before me. I find that the
slides are held down to the floor by bolts whose shank size is 3/8”. They’ve
each had two of their flats ground down and they pass through 3/8” holes in
the bottom half of the slides and thence through the floor to the outside.

I think that it’ll be too much trouble to replace them but, just in case, :-

What is the outside diameter of the so-called tube nut or t-nuts which
should be coming up from below?

And what size are the bolts which come down from the slides/runners, through
the floor and into the tube nuts? ¼” unf 28tpi at a wild guess? Or bigger?

See attached.

And, finally, is there another name for these “tube nuts” by which they
might be found and bought at a sensible price? From their prices over here,
they seem to be made of platinum.

Thanks,

Simon