[Healeys] British number plates

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Fri Feb 26 04:00:04 MST 2021

Hello

Around the middle of last year I decided that I wanted to use the original UK number plates of the BN3 under the Australian plates.

I have only owned the car for 47 years so you can’t hurry these things.

The plates were originally made by Ace Number Plates, a company that still exists. So I made enquires and it was going to cost me £199. I thought that was a bit pricey so decided to spend an inordinate amount of time refurbishing the original plates that are made of cast alloy riveted to an aluminium base.

I was pleased with the results.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia