[Healeys] 100/4 / A90 old style valve seals

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Feb 22 09:08:16 MST 2021

That thought crossed my mind. I use silicone grease to lube oil filter
gaskets, and putting silicone dielectric grease in our ancient
electrical connectors--my dad's Model As used the same type--seems to
help prevent some of the Lucas gremlins. I use a silicone 'oil' where
light lubrication is needed and dirt and dust can build up (speedo
cables and Bendix gears on starters come to mind).

I'm taking the '50 to 75' years 'spec' with a grain of sodium chloride;
cars of that era were designed and built to last for only a few years
before being traded-in or scrapped, but my BJ8 has over 205K miles and
is going strong (but shows her age).

So, Alan, what did you decide?