[Healeys] Wiper Motor Bushings

healeyguy at aol.com healeyguy at aol.com
Wed Feb 17 06:08:22 MST 2021

MichaelThe "how to" has been explained. The "why it is so difficult" is another story. More than 55 years ago when our BN2 was just approaching the grand old age of 10, the wiper motor, when energized, was banging around behind the dashboard. The rubber bushes were in need of replacement. Was able, after a long wait, to obtain replacements from a BMC dealer. As I recall the replacements were so soft and supple that they just pushed into place with my fingers. Not the case when parts started to be reproduced for or by venders of the 1970s- and later. With harder rubber compounds and the task was much more tedious. Speaking of waiting a long time to get parts in the old days, needed a water pump in 1966 and it took more than 3 months for the dealer to obtain one from England. Like waiting for parts back then or pushing bushings into place today, it requires more patience then I (we) have today.  Perry