[Healeys] BN1 PCV system

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Mon Feb 1 20:45:10 MST 2021

Harold, that is exactly what I have done. The PCV valve is located behind the exhaust manifold and pulls from the crankcase through a flange attached to the down tube location. It feeds into a fitting brazed to the bottom of the carb balance tube. It is invisible to casual observation. I have installed H6 carbs with 2-1/2 inch velocity stacks and covered them with a single piece Pipercross foam air filter. The vent to the valve cover comes out of the rear of the air cleaner between the carbs. I don’t know (or really care) if it has reduced any emissions, but I’m not getting oil into the air cleaner anymore.

Bill Lawrence
BN1 #554