[Healeys] Water pump leak

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Dec 29 09:40:07 MST 2021

All but one of the aftermarket pumps I've seen, which are usually
'County' brand (don't get me started) have the casting boss but no zerk
or other fitting. There is one aftermarket pump for 100s that has a zerk
(but not the correct heater valve):

https://www.ahspares.co.uk/austin-healey/big-healey/cooling-heating-cht101-to-cht147/premium-water-pump-new-with-34-pulley.aspx

My BJ8 had, I think, its original pump when I bought it. It had a weird
fitting, a little cup with a lid on it IIRC. I bought a
greaser--basically a large metal syringe--and special 'water pump
grease' and used it, but it eventually failed anyway. The grease is the
thickest and tackiest grease I've seen.