[Healeys] Quick Jack installed on frame.

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Dec 13 09:08:23 MST 2021

I wouldn't (yes, I use a QuickJack).  I think the QJ even deforms the
chassis rails a bit, and they're stronger than outriggers and rockers.
Maybe someone with a 'real' lift can chime in on this?

Modern 'unibody' cars have specific jacking points, and I suspect
putting lifts elsewhere /could /deform the under-body panels. I recently
did a wheel alignment on my BN2, and using the QJ was indispensable,
essentially trial-and-error: lots of lift, set, check, drive, lift, set
check, drive ...

I have a grease pit for jobs 'on wheels.' I almost filled it in after my
dad died--I'm sure it would be illegal these days--but it's just /SO/
useful, but I spent a half-day building new covers for it.

Bob

ps. I read somewhere that jacking the pumpkin on live axle cars was a
not good idea, though I've done it for years and not had any issues that
I know of. I suspect it could bend the tubes going to the wheels.