[Healeys] Frame rotisserie

Ian Hey rianhey at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 10 10:22:19 MST 2021

It is possible to use an engine stand if it is lengthened, and the angle of
the vertical piece changed so that the pivoting part is horizontal.  See
attached photos.

At the front, I used similar location for an adaptor frame which had a piece
of scaffolding tube sticking out from it.  At the front I used an engine
hoist with a large shackle to go around the scaffold tube.  To stop the
shackle coming off I used two large washers either side of the shackle, and
a split pin to stop the washer sliding off the end of the tube.  All clear
on photo.

It is important that the pivot line is approximately at the CG of the frame
assy.  No, I do not have a dimension, however using the arrangement
described I could rotate the frame on my own.  My frame could be locked at
45 degree intervals using the locking pins on the engine stand.

Frame on castors in corner of garage is for the chassis to roll around on.

Ian