[Healeys] Mystery casting number on Austin 6 cylinder engine - AGAIN

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Sun Dec 5 09:55:04 MST 2021

Try again!

As far as I can see from the manuals and sites I have looked at, the
form "AEC xyz" is the standard BMC parts format for pretty much
anything), e.g. AEC 607 is a C series liner.

Now, see this page (no, really!)

<https://www.britishcarforum.com/community/threads/help-me-identify-the-engine.95536/>

look at the second photo which shows the number and some sort of logo
beneath it. Now follow the contributions by "BJ8 Healey".

My guess - and it is only that - is that 12B refers to a block cast by
whoever's logo that is and 266 is the sequence number in the run *not* a
part number.

Regards,

Peter

--