[Healeys] Centre Change Gear Sticks

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Fri Dec 3 11:06:46 MST 2021

Simon-note #6 is key. The number on your gearbox. That is a very late
GB number in your photo. It appears that at some point your car
received a replacement transmission as noted by the Gold Seal paint.
This appears to be a BJ8 box. That would be why it has a nylon bush
and it is working properly.
If someone has swapped out the shift towers on the MKII GB to a BJ8
style, than that also would be an indicator of the nylon bush use. If
its working leave well enough alone is my suggestion, and note
somewhere that you have a later GB, or tower, in an earlier car.
Regards, Hank

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com