[Healeys] Centre Change Gear Sticks

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Wed Dec 1 06:15:16 MST 2021

Hi,

I have a late Mk II BT7. Centre change. So, my query is regarding the
gearstick.

The box is a BMC Goldseal replacement per the attached picture.

The stick has the two roll pins securing it which you'd expect up to BJ8s
which, I gather, had screws. But the bush under the stick in the white nylon
one which, I gather again, started with BJ8s. (To be fair, I've looked into
this and didn't find a definitive answer on the bushes). My gearbox seems to
be a bit of a BT7/BJ8 mixture.

My question is can you put a roll-pin gearstick into a BJ8? Or vice-verca?

Thanks,

Simon