[Healeys] 100 lifters

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 05:12:19 MDT 2021

Alan--

In my race engines I use (non-street) Royal Purple RPX 10/40, which has a
high content of zinc and other elements, and then toss in a small container
of ZDDPlus.  I change oil and filter after each race weekend and have not
lost a cam or any valve train components since starting to follow this
regimen.

For my non-race 100 I usually use Castrol's "High Mileage" 10/40 and also
toss in a small bottle of ZDDPlus.  Some people believe that cams and
lifters "absorb" zinc from the usual break-in oils which have high zinc
levels, making additives unnecessary.  I err on the conservative side, and
except for the cost of a bottle of additive I see no disadvantage to this
practice, so as far as I am concerned it is "okay".

Best--Michael Oritt

--
Best--Michael