[Healeys] Disc Brake Conversion BN2

Brian Drab bgdrab at redzone.ca
Thu Aug 5 13:14:47 MDT 2021

I am assisting a friend and am doing a brake job on his BN2. He wants me to consider doing a front disc brake conversion on the car - which I have never done. I've looked at the usual suppliers for kits i.e. Moss, Dennis Welch, AH Spares and others. There seems to be quite a difference in pricing for essentially the same thing.
Does anyone have any in formation or hints on this conversion and where to get a good quality and inclusive kit. I'd rather get all the parts in one package rather than order bit by bit.
Any hints or pitfalls with the actual install?  One concern I have is the Master Cylinder. The car has had a recent master cylinder replacement, so condition is not a question. Will the original master cylinder provide the necessary force to properly operate the discs, and is a booster necessary or suggested?
Thanks in advance.
Brian Drab , Vancouver, BC