[Healeys] 100 lifters

Steven Kingsbury airtightproductions at icloud.com
Wed Aug 4 08:47:47 MDT 2021

I just rebuilt my 100 engine and purchased my lifters from AH Spares in the UK. These were their new design for better oil flow. I now have 1000 miles or so on the new engine and once I got my problems figured out with my distributor, the car is running well and smooth.
   Now I'm wondering when the other shoe is going to drop! What problems did you have pointing you to the lifters as the source of those problems? When I retorqued the head, I readjusted the rockers and found no problems. They were a little off, but I expected a little.
   What should I be looking for? I used Driven Break In oil and then I switched to VR1 like you after 500 miles. I have been driving the car to build up some trust in it and it's turning in to a joy to drive. I've got M mods on this engine, cam, H6 carbs, M pistons and these new lifters. So far, so good.
   Thanks for your help,
Steven Kingsbury
BN1