[Healeys] where does the oil leak begin if the crank seal and the new seal are not the cause

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 15:00:57 MDT 2021

Yes Mirek, the gasket shown is part of the "conversion" or "lower" engine
set.
The oil seal housing used with the lip seal set does not come with a gasket
but Moss supplies a tube of Hylomar to be used to seal between the seal
housing and the block face.
When I have done these conversions in the past I actually cut a thin paper
gasket to use there as I have never been a big fan of "gaskets in a tube".