[Healeys] Platform lift

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Wed Apr 14 15:07:57 MDT 2021

 I was lucky to find a pair of Quick Jacks that were only used three times.  The owner only wanted $700 for them.  You can see them in the picture below hung on the wall of my garage with the two Quick Jack hangers I bought from Home Depot, which sells Quick Jack and it's accessories.  Keeps them out of the way.  I have used them on a Honda Civic so far, but I expect no problem placing close enough together to lift the longitudinal frame rails of my BN2.  You can see from a picture from early in the restoration the plywood dollies I built and mounted on cheap wheel dollies to move the car around the garage and lift it high enough to get under.  No problem with the car being stable using the wood dollies only lifting the car at four contact points of the frame rails so far.  I don't expect it to be any difference with the Quick Jack lift.  The only advice I can give you if you buy a Quick Jack is to make sure you have the correct air pressure in the small air cylinder on each jack.  If it gets too low, letting the car down will be quite exciting.Mike MacLean