[Healeys] Oil Leak, rear seal etc.

John and Kerry Rowe jtkarowe at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 15:36:06 MDT 2021

I fitted the modified seal 10 years ago and have always had an oil leak
since. After finally removing the gearbox for repair last month I removed
flywheel etc to have a look at it. I removed the backing plate and no leaks
were identified around the seal, it was totally dry. However the back of
the camshaft drain was a different scenario. I then noticed there should
have been a gasket according to the books, which mine did not have. I had
used a silicone gasket maker in that area and that failed (didn't work). I
made a thick 1.6mm (1/16inch) gasket and now think I have solved the leaks
problem