[Healeys] Unidentified exhaust pipe

Max Byers sbyers at ec.rr.com
Tue Sep 22 08:59:31 MDT 2020

They look pretty much the same to me, except my pipe does not have the relief slots in the muffler end.  That’s why I thought my pipe was supposed to go INTO the muffler stub pipe, rather than over it like my BJ8.     However, I did not know this when I sent my inquiry but I have another exhaust system that appears to have a very similar, if not exact, pipe attached to the muffler.  That pipe has no slots and DOES got over the muffler stub pipe.  Photos attached.  This has the hand-written P/N 021-025 and 021-026 attached to it, which is the Moss number for a mild steel front pipe and muffler for a BN1/BN2.  Does this add anything to the conversation?

Photo attached.

msb