[Healeys] Toyota 5-speed Shifter bushing

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 13:34:31 MDT 2020

I have a Smitty's five-speed conversion in my 100 which has about 60K miles
on it.  I believe, but am not certain it is the W58 version.

It has recently become difficult to engage any gear (1 to 5 and R) from
neutral.  The clutch is engaging/disengaging properly and the transmission
is full of Redline MT90.  The amount of effort to get into any of the gears
does not change at speed or whether the car is hot or cold.

I am suspecting/hoping there is a bushing at the base of the shift lever
that has become worn and in fact a dose of WD40 into the top of the tower
made shifting a bit easier.

I don't want to show up at the Toyota parts counter only to be turned away
for lack of a part number and am hoping someone might have it.

TIA--Michael Oritt