[Healeys] S U fuel pump

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Oct 20 19:57:36 MDT 2020

Kees,

I fit diodes per the 'standard:' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyback_diode

I don't remember how I fit the transil; I'm pretty sure I did it
correctly because they came with instructions. AFAIK, transils are a
pair of zener/avalanche diodes in both polarity, so they 'breakdown' and
allow current flow at the nominal rating (IIRC, they were 20V or
thereabouts).

I think one possible problem with points is when they aren't installed
so as to promote the 'wiping' action to clean them.

Bob