[Healeys] Healey/Morris connection?

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Fri Oct 2 06:56:17 MDT 2020

Hello

The horizontal grille was a BMC corporate requirement to be fitted to as many models from around 1956.

As to the additional tractor seats, I’m afraid it had nothing to do with a Jensen design, although they did modify the first car to see if it would work. That vehicle has the standard AH 100 wheelbase and after it was realised that only legless dwarves would fit, was the decision made to stretch the production 100/6 by two inches.

That car now sits in my garage. Our 100 BN3 besides being a six-cylinder prototype was also the first Austin-Healey to be fitted with the extra seats. The attached photo might be of interest as it shows the rough and ready way this was done.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia