[Healeys] Healey/Morris connection?

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Thu Oct 1 12:04:46 MDT 2020

Ah, the wavy grille. This was designed by Eric Neele, engineer at
Jensen, to be used on the first 100-6 body produced by Jensen. The
powers to be wanted a departure from the 100 vertical bars and Neele
came up with this look, and the tractor seats, to be installed in the
4-place Healey BN4 (a misnomer as the "N" stands for two seat
roadster). (photo)
As you know over the years the vertical treatment came back to
represent the original Healey look. As Michael indicates, the parts
bins had lots of those grilles, and they got used as standard
equipment on many models from BMC. Hank

Healeys"