[Healeys] FW: Re: BN1 Choke Cable

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Mon Nov 30 10:55:57 MST 2020

The Piggott book I have is 2012 edition. Here are the scanned photos
of AHX11 engine and choke fixing. Yes, as you say there are many
differences between them and the production as Bill noted here that
top of the carb suction plunger is round rather than hex. (at least
you can't wrench it too tight)
I do believe the choke fixing is as was done on the early production
cars. Using the short eye, so that it can fit between the fuel pipe
and the bracket, it could assemble as shown here and in your photo. I
did not have the short eye item...maybe you have a spare to correct my
car (built 10-53)? The one shown on Perry's car uses the longer eye
with a v-shaped pinch washer.(later config.)
My notes say that AHX11, built 4-1-53, the Turin Show car, restored,
was auctioned in 2004 and appears on Healey Data.com, currently
located in Derby, UK
Regards, Hank